Πέμπτη 3 Νοεμβρίου 2016

Another sewing awl

This is an idea of how to make a sewing tool (DIY).


It's a useful hand tool for lockstitches in difficult to reach areas. 

Recently I had to fix a pair of shoes, so after some googling I found that there are some simple and interesting  mechanical devices out there.






Some commercial hand sewing tools like these:
Speedy Sticher
"Awl for all"


And some handmade as this one:

 http://aerialcopper.blogspot.gr
A beautiful awl sewing tool from Dylan Rathkamp

I found all these tools too expensive so I decided to make my own awl tool from parts around and with the help of a 3d printer.

I used these parts:
- An old screwdriver (multibit)
- Sewing machine bobbin
- Sewing machine bobbin cover
- Sewing machine needle
- 3D printed fitting








The 3d printed part with bobbin case installed:




The final result:





The bobbin-spring screw regulates bobbin-tread tension.

The 3D printer .stl file is here.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: